AVODAH DC PROGRAM INTERNSHIP
LOCATION: WASHINGTON, DC
Avodah is building a new generation of Jewish leaders to work on our country’s most pressing social and economic issues. Through our Jewish Service Corps, Justice Fellowship, Community Engagement initiatives and alumni network, we provide emerging Jewish leaders with the tools, experience, and networks they need to work for an end to poverty in America.
The Program Intern assists in the administrative and logistical aspects of Avodah’s service corps program in DC. We are looking for a confident self-starter who excels at managing logistics and competing priorities. The Program Intern reports to the Avodah DC Program Director. Job responsibilities may include:
- In conjunction with the Director, assist in planning, implementation of the educational, mentorship and training aspects of year-long program including orientation, weekly sessions, retreats, and special programs. The intern will have primary responsibility for logistical coordination and liaising with speakers and trainers.
- Assist in research and creation of new program curriculum materials.
- Outreach and engagement with other activist organizations in the DC area.
- Assist with some aspects of Avodah’s residential properties including liaising with property owners, ensuring proper maintenance and turning over house between cohorts.
- Assisting with the administration of Avodah’s daily activities as needed.
- Self-motivate, team player with the ability to meet deadlines and remain flexible;
- Strong organizational skills, with keen attention to detail;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; and
- Has self-discipline and time management skills necessary to work independently.
Please send resume and cover letter to Sabrina Gillman-Basave.
Avodah is an equal opportunity employer. Sephardic and Mizrahi Jews, people of color, women, and people with disabilities, immigrants, LGBTQIA people, and people who come from poor or working class backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.