REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS: GRAPHIC DESIGN SERVICES
Location: New York, NY
Hours: 12 Hours Per Week (4 of those hours will be in our NYC office)
Salary: $30 per hour
Overview of Services Requested:
Avodah seeks to retain on a non-exclusive contractual basis an experienced graphic designer/firm to provide design services for Avodah. The designer/firm will be tasked with producing high-quality, brand-consistent digital and printed materials, including brochures, swag items, and digital collateral. The designer/firm will work directly with our Communications, Development, and Recruitment teams. The designer/firm will not only make exceptional contributions to our communications and marketing efforts, but will create materials that foster engagement, learning and constructive dialogue about Avodah’s work and mission. Avodah will retain ownership of all work produced by the designer/firm under the terms of this contract.
Criteria for Selection/Qualifications:
In evaluating bids for this project, Avodah places high value on the following factors:
- Deep working knowledge of design principles, including but not limited to typography, layout, color, composition and motion
- Ability to efficiently turn concepts into brand-consistent, highly-engaging designs
- High degree of collaboration and creativity, including the ability to recommend design solutions and/or elements
- Familiarity with specifications of and best practices regarding social media advertising
- Strong proficiency in graphic design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple overlapping design projects
- A keen interest in the evolving design landscape
- Some understanding of the Jewish and/or social justice nonprofit landscapes
Anticipated Scope of Services:
- Provide Avodah with twelve (12) hours per week of design services, including at least four (4) hours per week in Avodah’s New York office. The designer/firm will be paid on an hourly basis at a rate not to exceed $30 per hour.
- Efficiently and with the input of various Avodah staff members, create engaging, brand- consistent design for and oversee production of traditional and/or digital:
- Presentation (e.g., PowerPoint, Google Slides, Prezi) decks
- One-page descriptions of Avodah projects and programs
- Promotional items, including t-shirts, tote bags, stickers, posters, etc.
- Infographics demonstrating Avodah’s impact
- Digital advertisements for social media
- Website (WordPress) page design
- Event invitation, signage, program books, and related collateral
- Digital graphics for mass email communications
Period of Award:
The award period for this contract will be September 1, 2018 through August 31, 2019. This contract may be renewable upon mutual agreement.
Interested designers/firms are invited to submit the following information no later than August 1, 2018 via email to [email protected]:
- Cover letter (limit: 1 page). Briefly describe your qualifications and why you and/or your firm are a good match for the project.
- Designer/Firm Information and/or Resume (limit: 3 pages). Include the designer/firm name, address, phone number, website, name of principals (if applicable); list of services that the designer/firm provides; and description of previous graphic design experience.
- Designer/Firm References. Provide names and contact information for three client references. Avodah reserves the right to contact the references provided, as well as other references, without prior notification to the designer/firm. It is preferred but not required that bidders provide nonprofit client references.
- Samples of Similar Work. Provide three examples of previous graphic design work. Please note that bidders who do not submit (or provide links to) examples of previous design work will not be considered.
No phone calls, please. Please submit any questions via email to [email protected].
At Avodah, we believe that justice is a Jewish value and that Jewish leaders have the power to help change our country for the better. Avodah trains and supports Jewish leaders so that they can contribute their skills and passion to advance social justice organizations and strengthen the Jewish community’s fight against the causes and effects of poverty in the United States. We do this by engaging participants in service and community building that inspire them to become lifelong leaders for social change whose work for justice is rooted in and nourished by Jewish values. Learn more at avodah.net.
Avodah is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All bids will receive consideration without regard to legally-protected characteristics. Sephardic and Mizrahi Jews, people of color, women, people with disabilities, immigrants, LGBTQIA people, and people who come from poor or working class backgrounds are strongly encouraged to bid.