Location: New York City
Description: 22 hours/week
Start Date: August 7th
Hourly Rate: $18
Avodah is building a new generation of Jewish leaders to address our country’s most pressing social and economic issues. Through our Jewish Service Corps, Justice Fellowship, Community Engagement initiatives and alumni network, we provide emerging Jewish leaders with the tools, experience, and networks they need to work for an end to poverty in America.
Overall responsibilities for Avodah Recruitment Assistant
The Recruitment Assistant will provide support for Avodah’s national recruitment work under the supervision of the Recruitment Manager. The work will include specific project assignments as well as day-to-day administrative assistance as needed.
Specific Projects may include:
- Conducting outreach to increase name visibility and find future program participants;
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with relevant contacts and institutions both within and outside of the Jewish community;
- Conducting research to revise and build databases of academic, institutional, and organizational contacts;
- Compiling and analyzing data regarding our programs;
- Maintaining records of contacts and communications in Salesforce; and
- Working closely with the Recruitment Manager to strategize improvements and additions to Avodah’s existing recruitment techniques.
Skills and Background:
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to handle a large volume of work, prioritize, multi-task, and be flexible;
- Positive, proactive attitude;
- Experience working in an office environment
- Experience with Google applications and Salesforce a plus;
- Experience in recruitment a plus;
- Knowledge of Jewish and/or social justice landscape a plus; and
- Bachelor’s degree a plus.
Avodah is an equal opportunity employer. Sephardic and Mizrahi Jews, people of color, women, people with disabilities, immigrants, LGBTQIA people, and people who come from poor or working class backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, email a resume and cover letter to the Recruitment Manager, Emily Becker, at [email protected]. Applications sent by July 23rd will be given priority.