Facilities Manager (Chicago and Washington, D.C.)
Location: Chicago and Washington, D.C
Description: Part-Time (10-12 hours per quarter)
Start Date: Immediately
- Chicago (Quarterly retainer of $300 for a minimum of 10 -12 hrs per quarter); additional hours @ $25 per hr.
- Washington, D.C (Quarterly retainer of $300 for a minimum of 10 -12 hrs per quarter; additional hours @ $25 per hr.
Avodah is currently seeking two (2) responsible individuals to fill the position of Residential Facilities Manager in Chicago and D.C. The Residential Facilities Manager will partner with the liaison of each house to ensure issues are identified and handled in a timely fashion (within 24-48 hours) and will be responsible for overseeing any maintenance issues that arise such as plumbing, general repairs and cleaning to ensure optimal results. The successful candidates will oversee these operations and manage residents’ moves in and out of the houses and will report to National Program Operations Assistant.
- Monthly Check-ins with the house liaison on any maintenance issues.
- Timely communication on any issues with the National Program Operations Assistant.
- Available for handling any issues that arise between check-ins.
- Research, find maintenance workers and coordinate all work repairs needed (e.g. appliance repairs, AC units, internet issues, etc.)
- Communicate in advance and obtain budget approval of the National Program Operations Assistant before hiring any maintenance workers.
- Travel to the houses as needed to orient any hired repair/maintenance workers to the issues.
- Manage the house moves. During house moves, schedule all maintenance related activities including: walkthrough of each of the houses with the landlord, bulk trash removal, professional cleaning of each house, identifying household purchases to be made and replacing all Avodah household items.
- 2 years of facilities management experience
- Good communication skills and detailed oriented.
- Solution driven
- Personal network of contacts (e.g. maintenance workers).
Email resume with availability, to Jacqueline Sam at [email protected]. Please include “Residential Facilities Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Due to the volume of applications, we are only able to respond to those applicants granted an interview. Applications will be accepted until we hire, but we strongly encourage interested candidates to submit their applications by February 15. Interviews will be set up on a rolling basis. Ideally, the Residential Facilities Manager position will begin immediately (exact date flexible).
Avodah is an equal opportunity employer. Sephardic and Mizrahi Jews, people of color, women, people with disabilities, immigrants, LGBTQIA people, and people from all socioeconomic backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.