Development Assistant and Office Manager
LOCATION: New York, New York
Avodah is building a new generation of Jewish leaders to work on our country’s most pressing social and economic issues. Through our Jewish Service Corps, Justice Fellowship, Community Engagement initiatives and alumni network, we provide emerging Jewish leaders with the tools, experience, and networks they need to work for an end to poverty in America.
The Development Assistant and Office Manager provides critical support to the development department and the New York office. This is an excellent entry level position for a highly organized, detail-oriented individual with a “can do” attitude. The Development Assistant and Office Manager is supervised by the Director of External Relations and serves as part of a dynamic national Development team.
DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
Development Assistant (80%)
- Daily entry of donations for all Avodah sites in Salesforce;
- Maintain the Salesforce database;
- Prepare and send donor acknowledgement letters and manage personalization of same;
- Prepare donor lists for local and national fundraising appeals and communication initiatives;
- Support the Director of External Affairs in the preparation of annual fundraising mailings to major donors;
- Work with the Director of External Affairs in managing the relationships with the mail house to support our direct mail and acquisition programs;
- Create a variety of database reports for the management team as needed;
- Prepare and batch validated credit card donations for data entry;
- With a partner, open all mail and log all incoming checks and make bank deposits;
- Serve as backup administrator for Avodah’s CRM system;
- Manage Avodah’s use of our peer-to-peer fundraising online giving platform; and
- Other support activities for the Development team as needed.
New York Office Manager (20%)
- Coordinate all elements of new local employee arrival and orientation;
- Coordinate with vendors to manage all office systems including phones, local computer hardware and internet access, etc.;
- Order hardware and office supplies with an eye on cost saving measures;
- Update Avodah letterhead as necessary;
- Reserve conference room space for all local meetings as needed;
- Serve as national host for and setting up local connection to video and audio components for all-staff calls; and
- Perform other office-related administrative duties as assigned by supervisor.
WORK EXPERIENCE / SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Superb attention to detail and highly organized.
- Ability to take initiative, problem-solve and master new technologies.
- Track record as enthusiastic, collaborative, dependable team player.
- Familiarity with database management, preferably in a nonprofit development office setting.
- Ability to handle a high volume of work and complete tasks efficiently and accurately.
- Strong computer skills, including Google Documents and Excel.
- Experience with Salesforce or comparable CRM database software preferred.
- Experience with managing peer-to-peer online fundraising platforms preferred.
Please send cover letter and resume to Mia Marais at [email protected]. Please use the subject line: Development Assistant and Office Manager. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered. No phone calls, please. We apologize that because of the volume of applications, we are able only to respond to those applicants granted an interview.
Applications will be accepted until we hire, but we strongly encourage interested candidates to submit their applications by May 15, 2017.
Avodah is an equal opportunity employer. Sephardic and Mizrahi Jews, people of color, women, people with disabilities, immigrants, LGBTQIA people, and people who come from poor or working class backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.