Avodah DC Program and Events Intern
Location: Washington, DC
Description: 5-30 hours/week
Hourly Rate: Volunteer Position
Avodah strengthens the Jewish community’s fight against the causes and effects of poverty in the United States. We do this by engaging participants in service and community building that inspire them to become lifelong leaders for social change whose work for justice is rooted in and nourished by Jewish values.
The Program & Events Intern assists in the implementation, administrative and logistical aspects of Avodah’s Service Corps program as well as Community Engagement events in DC. We are looking for a confident self-starter who excels at managing logistics and competing priorities. The Program & Events Intern reports to the Avodah DC Program Director. Job responsibilities may include:
- Help prepare Corps Members for their year of service by revamping our Summer Reader and DC City Manual.
- Expand resources available to our Corps Members by researching accessible, local low-cost mental health resources and DC specific activities.
- Research local ethical companies resources that can help us stay aligned with our values as an organization.
- Support staff in planning and execution of Avodah Community Engagement events.
- In late summer/ early fall coordinate house turnover and connecting our Corps Members with High Holiday options.
- Assisting with the administration of Avodah’s daily activities as needed.
- Self-motivate, team player with the ability to meet deadlines and remain flexible.
- Strong organizational skills, with keen attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-discipline and time management skills necessary to work independently.
Please send resume and cover letter to Kat Macias ([email protected]).
Avodah is an equal opportunity employer. Sephardic and Mizrahi Jews, people of color, women, and people with disabilities, immigrants, LGBTQIA people, and people who come from poor or working-class backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.