Avodah DC Graduate Development Intern
Description: 5-30 hours/week (Flexible)
Hourly Rate: Volunteer Position
Avodah strengthens the Jewish community’s fight against the causes and effects of poverty in the United States. We do this by engaging participants in service and community building that inspire them to become lifelong leaders for social change whose work for justice is rooted in and nourished by Jewish values.
The Graduate Intern assists in the implementation, administrative and logistical aspects of Avodah’s DC fundraising as well as donor engagement events in DC. We are looking for a confident self-starter who excels at managing logistics and competing priorities. The Graduate Intern reports to the Avodah DC Community Director/ National Director of Individual Giving. Job responsibilities may include:
- Completing prospect research on major donors
- Support data management projects and research
- Support IT Solution implementation.
- Supporting campaign project management which could include: Incoming Corps Member Campaign, End of Year, Kehilot for Justice, and Partners in Justice
- Research local ethical companies resources that can help us stay aligned with our values as an organization.
- Support Avodah staff in the planning and execution of Avodah Community Engagement events.
- Assisting with the administration of Avodah’s daily activities as needed.
- Pursuing a graduate degree in fields of Non-Profit Management or related fields
- SSelf-motivated team player with the ability to meet deadlines and remain flexible.
- Strong organizational skills, with keen attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- self-discipline and time management skills necessary to work independently.
This is a volunteer internship without monetary compensation. We are happy to work in collaboration with your degree program for course credit. This position can be crafted to help you meet your desired learning and experience.
Please send resume and cover letter to Jill Hertzler ([email protected]).
Avodah is an equal opportunity employer. Sephardic and Mizrahi Jews, people of color, women, and people with disabilities, immigrants, LGBTQIA people, and people who come from poor or working class backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.