Avodah DC Graduate Program Intern
Location: Washington, DC
Description: 5-30 hours/week
Hourly Rate: Volunteer Position
Avodah strengthens the Jewish community’s fight against the causes and effects of poverty in the United States. We do this by engaging participants in service and community building that inspire them to become lifelong leaders for social change whose work for justice is rooted in and nourished by Jewish values.
The Graduate Program Intern assists in the implementation, administrative and logistical aspects of Avodah’s Service Corps program in DC. We are looking for a confident self-starter who excels at managing logistics and competing priorities. The Graduate Program Intern reports to the Avodah DC Program Director. Job responsibilities may include:
- With the Program Director, plan, implement and/or facilitate the educational, mentorship and training including orientation, weekly sessions, retreats, and special programs – including logistical needs and liaising with speakers and trainers;
- With the Program Director, plan, implement and/or facilitate Community Engagement and Alumni programming;
- Create Resources to support the Corps Member year including: help prepare Corps Members for their year of service by revamping our Summer Reader and DC City Manual, expand resources available to our Corps Members by researching local low-cost mental health resources and DC-specific activities.
- Research local ethical companies resources that can help us stay aligned with our values as an organization.
- Support property management needs for Avodah’s residential properties including liaising with property owners, ensuring proper maintenance and turning over houses between cohorts.
- Assisting with the administration of Avodah’s daily activities as needed.
- Pursuing a Graduate degree in the fields of Jewish and/or Young Adult Education, Non-Profit Management, Social Work, or related fields
- Self-motivated, team player with the ability to meet deadlines and remain flexible.
- Strong organizational skills, with keen attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-discipline and time management skills necessary to work independently.
This is a volunteer internship without monetary compensation. We are happy to work in collaboration with your degree program for course credit. This position can be crafted to help you meet your desired learning and experience.
Please send resume and cover letter to Kat Macias ([email protected]).
Avodah is an equal opportunity employer. Sephardic and Mizrahi Jews, people of color, women, and people with disabilities, immigrants, LGBTQIA people, and people who come from poor or working-class backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.