Job Posted: 13/03/2015
Job Title: Part-Time Grant Writer
Location: Location Flexible
AVODAH: The Jewish Service Corps strengthens the Jewish community's fight against the causes and effects of poverty in the United States. We do this by engaging participants in service and community building that inspires them to become lifelong leaders for social change whose work for justice is rooted in and nourished by Jewish values.
Since 1998, AVODAH’s Service Corps program has placed young Jewish adults (ages 21-26) in a year of fulltime service at antipoverty organizations in New York, Chicago, New Orleans, and Washington, DC. During the year, corps members live together and participate in weekly educational programs, facilitated by local experts, educators, and community leaders. In 2014, AVODAH also launched the AVODAH Fellowship, a leadership development program for early-career antipoverty professionals. AVODAH also supports and engages a network of hundreds of alumni across the country.
AVODAH is seeking a parttime Grant Writer who will be responsible for a combination of researching prospective funders, editing and/or writing reports and proposals for private and foundation supporters and handling administrative tasks associated with those submissions.
The location for this position is flexible, and it is possible to either work remotely or in one of our local offices in Chicago, New York, New Orleans, or Washington,DC.
In partnership with the Director of Foundation Relations, the Grant Writer will:
- Develop and write persuasive grant proposals and reports to foundations and other grantmaking organizations.
- Coordinate input across the organization as needed.
- Assemble and submit grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets and presentations.
- Ensure that proposals and reports are completed and submitted on time.
- Research and plan strategies for approaching new foundation supporters.
- At least two years experience in writing clear and compelling proposals and reports to foundations.
- Outstanding written communication and editing skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple proposals simultaneously under tight deadlines.
- Excellent proofreading skills that ensure the submission of professional, quality proposals.
Salary range will be $20,000-$25,000 annually for two days per week. Email resume and cover letter, with salary requirements to Jane-Rachel Schonbrun, Director of Foundation Relations, at [email protected] No phone calls please.
AVODAH is an equal opportunity employer.
- Avodah Updates
Sign up for updates via email