Job Posted: 03/01/2014
Job Title: Finance & Operations Associate
Location: New York, NY
AVODAH: The Jewish Service Corps strengthens the Jewish community's fight against the causes and effects of poverty in the United States. We do this by engaging participants in service and community building that inspires them to become lifelong leaders for social change whose work for justice is rooted in and nourished by Jewish values.
The Finance and Operations Associate provides critical support to our entire organization in areas of Accounting, HR and Operations. This is an excellent position for a detail oriented individual, with a degree or equivalent experience in finance or accounting, who is a self-starter, has the ability to multi-task while continuing to meet organizational deadlines and thrives in an exciting and fast-paced non-profit environment. The Finance and Operations Associate is supervised by the Director of Finance and Operations and serves as part of a dynamic national team.
DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
● Preparation of Daily Bank Deposits
● Reconciliation of Revenue Batch reports to Daily Deposits
● Preparation Monthly Bank Reconciliation
● Maintenance and Updating of Revenue Dashboard
● Preparation and Reconciliation of monthly financial statements
● Recording of General Ledger Journal Entries
● Assist in Preparation of Financial Documents Necessary for Foundation Reporting
● Assist in Preparation of Annual Budget
● Assist in Preparation for Annual Audit
● Other Accounting and/or Finance responsibilities as required
● Onboarding and offboarding all employees from HR systems, including payroll, insurance, retirement etc.
● Maintenance of employee personnel files
● Preparation of reports for insurance and benefit coverage
● Advertising open positions both internally and externally
● Other responsibilities as required by Director of Finance and Operations
● BA Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience
● Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, and Word and knowledge of accounting software required
● Experience in nonprofit accounting or finance preferred
● High level of attention to detail
● Ability to handle a large volume of work, prioritize and multi-task
● Demonstrated ability to take initiative, be proactive and work independently
● Impeccable organizational skills and ability to anticipate needs of various upcoming situations
● Reputation for energy, enthusiasm, initiative and flexibility as a team player
● Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Competitive salary and benefits.
Email resume and cover letter, with salary requirements and availability, to Sue Carduner, Director of Finance & Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org
AVODAH is an equal opportunity employer.
No phone calls please. Only candidates of interest will be contacted.
- Avodah Updates
Sign up for updates via email